I love sharing the good word when it comes to food and foodisms, but there are a few things you can do to help me out.
- address me by name.
- show me you know what Spicing Out is about (hint, reading the blog is a good way to start).
- send me the information well ahead of time, particularly if you’re launching a product, or working on an event (this means at least 2-3 weeks).
- put “Spicing Out pitch” in the subject line of your email.
- be ready to provide appropriate images, media and respond in a timely fashion to interview requests if your pitch is accepted.
- expect a response unless your pitch is interesting (sorry, but like I said before, I get a lot of pitches).
- assume I’ll cover your product/service/event unless I specifically tell you I will.
- send me a generic news release or, worse, one that you’ve blasted out to a gazillion people.
- send me attachments; if I want them, I’ll ask for them.
- assume that just because you talk to me on Twitter, I’ll accept your pitch.
If, having read all this, you think your pitch is still relevant, go ahead and send me an email at shonali [a] spicingout [dot] com; and please, please do make sure you’ve read the above before you do. And thanks in advance for your interest in SO.